RELAY® Station Technology
Fiberforge’s state-of-the-art RELAY® Station is an automated thermoplastic tape layup system. RELAY® stands for "rapid, efficient layup," and both the equipment and process are protected by patents. Fiberforge designs and sells its RELAY Station equipment to manufacturers.
Fiberforge Offers RELAY Automated Technologies
- RELAY® Station 1000, which can produce parts up to 1m x 1m
- RELAY® Station 2000, which can produce parts up to 2m x 2m
Now manufacturers can overcome traditional processing limitations and drive down costs with game-changing Fiberforge technology.
Fiberforge RELAY Process Summary
- Our proprietary software, TailorGen™, generates a 2D model and programs the RELAY Station for production.
- A rapid tape dispensing system feeds composite tape through a track above a 2-axis motion table.
- Pre-preg thermoplastic tape lengths are track-fed, cut and placed on a 2-axis motion table as a series of ultrasonic weld tips rapidly tack the tape to the ply beneath it.
- Following welding, the table indexes to a new position to lay the next course.
- This process repeats until a multi-ply tailored blank is constructed.
Benefits of the Fiberforge RELAY Station
- Extremely high throughput – up to 200 pounds of material processed per hour
- Intuitive, easy-to-use graphic user interface
- Accurate, repeatable, precise and reliable
- Unsurpassed design and engineering support
Quick Glance at RELAY Station Specs
- PC-based Operating System
- 9 Servo Axes: X, Y, A & U
- Touch screen, full manual and auto control
- Advanced error indicators and data logging
- Purpose-built systems available to meet larger, smaller or more complex part geometry
Contact us to speak with our Fiberforge team about the RELAY Station.